PSP 4m for all PSPeople

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
* PSP 4ms will be starting the points system back up soon. Come on in and participate in forum discussions to earn points!

Share | 

Echochrome

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
smokey psd
Pixel
Pixel

Male
Number of posts : 87
My Mood today is: :
Registration date : 2008-06-16
Activity/Vote Points : 0
Awarded Points :
0 / 1000 / 100

# Of Contests Won :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Echochrome   September 6th 2008, 8:50 pm

Puzzlers some might say is a bit of a dying genre, but this entry is great and especially is a fantastic addition to the PSP library.

You don't control a "mannequin" directly, but you manipulate and rotate what essentially is a 3d maze, using perspective to progress and move around, the mazes varying from piss easy, to outrageously complex, with multiple mannequin's to move around and match up colours. The game operates on a few physical laws;
1. The Law of Perspective Travelling - when 2 separate pathways appear to be touching, they are.
2. The Law of Perspective Landing - if one pathway appears to be above another, it is.
3. The Law of Perspective Existence - when the gap between 2 pathways is blocked from view and the pathways appear to be connected, they are.
4. The Law of Perspective Absence - when a hole is blocked from view it does not exist.
5. The Law of Perspective Jumping - when the mannequin jumps, he will land on whatever appears to be beneath him.

With these 5 "truths" you move through various different modes of play and 315 mazes, and even has it's own maze creator. The gameplay lends itself to be a great, pickup and start game with some of the mazes being quite short and it autosaves very nicely.

The presentation is also topnotch, with very dreamy music played by various strings and though the graphics are simple, they are elegant and beautiful in their own way.

So in finishing this is both a unique and fun title, especially for on the go, just turn it on, do 2 or so mazes and you can turn it right back off.
Back to top Go down
http://paulcorleone.spaces.live.com/
Data2link
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 4278
My Mood today is: :
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Activity/Vote Points : 1393
Awarded Points :
100 / 100100 / 100

# Of Contests Won :
0 / 1000 / 100

PostSubject: Re: Echochrome   September 6th 2008, 11:15 pm

I have this demo- I was thinking about getting it, but thought it might get old fast... maybe I will try it Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://psp4m.bigforumpro.com

Echochrome
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PSP 4m - 4 PSPeople :: Sony :: PSP :: Games :: PSP Game Reviews-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum